This is the best time ever to be a single guy. There are so many ways to meet women and most of them can be done without ever leaving your living room. The process of online dating, however, can be difficult and trying to get responses to your messages can be frustrating. If you want to increase your online dating response rate, then try one or more of the following:
- Pique her curiosity. One of the things you need to remember is that women on these sites are getting inundated with messages from the moment they sign up—and most of the men messaging them are just sending the typical “hey” or “hello” message. If you want to increase your response rate, send something out of the ordinary to pique her interest.
- Start with an unusual greeting. According to statistics, one of the most used phrases is “Hi, how are you?” You don’t have to write a paragraph to catch someone’s eye, but it does help if the greeting you send is something they aren’t used to seeing. In fact, statistics have shown that a simple “Howdy” instead of “Hi” or “Hello” gets a 45% response rate.
- Ask a question she’ll actually want to answer. The best thing to ask about is something in her profile. Not only does it serve as a unique greeting, but it also shows her that you read it. If you’re interested enough to send a message, you should have at least scanned it anyway.
- Keep it simple. This is for your own good as much as it is for hers. You’re going to see a ton of profiles, and you’re going to have to send a lot of messages to get a response (even with these tips). Dating is a numbers game. Firing off a paragraph or two to every girl you like is going to take some time. It’s better to keep your first message simple until you see if the interest is mutual. Then you can go a little deeper if you need to.
- Put outdoor photos on your profile. Research shows that you get 19% more attention if your photo is taken outside. This increases the perception that you didn’t just snap a selfie at the last minute while uploading your profile. And it’s a damn sight better than uploading a shirtless photo (which is usually off-putting for most women).
- Be honest and authentic. There’s something to be said for the man who is honest and authentic about who he is. Women are not attracted to men who try to impress them. Women are impressed by men who are true to themselves, even if that means disagreeing with something she says or does.
- Make her laugh. You have to be careful with this one. It’s great if you can make her laugh, but you shouldn’t try so hard to do so. If you can be funny in a natural way or joke about something that you see in her profile, this can go really well. But if you say the wrong thing or poke fun of something she’s sensitive about, it can backfire.
- Compliment common interests, not looks. Perhaps the worst thing you can do is talk about how beautiful you think she is. Not that you shouldn’t ever tell her she’s beautiful, but it’s not something you should lead with because most of the messages she gets is probably going to have something to do with her looks or sex. One of the biggest complaints women have about online dating is the unwanted nude pics they receive and the constant harassment for sex. Focus on common interests, and if the opportunity arises naturally at a later point, then you can compliment her looks.
- Send messages that spark conversation. This is why opinion openers and asking questions is so effective. Most women come to dating websites because they want a relationship (or something more meaningful than just sex). If you can’t have a simple conversation, she’ll be less likely to reply.
- Have an awesome profile to back up your message. A less is more approach with your profile is usually a good idea, but don’t leave it so bare that she can’t get some basic info about who you are as a person. A little mystery is good. A lot of mystery is off-putting. A good profile will show you like to have fun, have some stuff you care about and are the type of person who is willing to try new things. In other words, the more awesome you make yourself as a person, the more attractive you become. So, if you want to increase your online dating response rate, start by increasing your awesome factor.
At the end of the day, the goal is to find someone you enjoy spending time with. So, try these things and watch as the responses come rolling in.