Haven’t heard of penis whitening? It’s turned into a common occurrence in Bangkok after the Lelux Hospital detailed the procedure in a social media post. The entire thing costs $650 to do and takes about five sessions. Despite this, you do not want to do this to your penis. Here’s a list of important reasons to help you understand why it’s a terrible idea.
- Your penis is supposed to look different than your skin color. If you’re concerned that your penis looks darker than your actual skin, stop. It’s natural for the skin of your penis to look different than the rest of your body. Yes, other men have this happen to them. It’s completely normal and not something you should change. If anything, making your penis look more closely with your overall skin color may make it look even weirder.
- The procedure can make your penis skin darker. Though many men in Bangkok are lining up to have this procedure done, medical experts believe the operation could make their skin even darker than it was before. Your whole motivation for doing this to begin with could totally backfire! Cut your losses now, save yourself $650, and don’t do it. It’s better to have a naturally different colored penis than have one even darker than it was before.
- You might develop spots on your penis. One of the likely side effects of this procedure is developing odd colored spots on your penis. If you were worried about the way your junk looked before, doing this procedure will only make you more self-conscious! Talk to your doctor about any issues you have with your penis. Many of the things you’re worried are probably all natural.
- The skin surrounding the penis is thin and sensitive. This means any types of procedures or surgeons you perform here will have dramatic effects. If you don’t like the results of the surgery, you may not be able to reverse these effects. Furthermore, if something terrible happens after the surgery, you may want to correct the side effects. This will prove difficult to perform and cost quite a bit of money. Though the procedure starts out with a cheap price, you might end up paying for more in the future to correct any problems because of it.
- This became a thing because patients asked, but that doesn’t make it smart. Normally when doctors approach a method to assist their patients, they use years of medical research to back up their arguments. This trend only started because patients inquired about it, so the doctors started doing it! If this procedure had started out as something doctors offered patients as a medical option, sure, that’s fine. But because patients wanted to do it, the doctors at Lelux Hospital were more than happy to offer them a solution without properly testing how it might affect those who have it in the long run. This is not a trend you want to jump on board with.
- They shoot a bleaching laser at your penis. That’s how they apply the whitening effect. They doctors hit your penis with an intense laser designed to modify the color of your skin. Do you really want to have your genitals hit with a laser? As a reminder, this trend only started earlier this year. Not everything done in a hospital, especially abroad, means it’s good for you.
- The obsession with white skin has to stop. How did this trend start out? For a number of years now, the citizens of Thailand have been obsessed with the color of their skin and making it as pale as possible. In their perspective, the paler the skin, the happier you are. This growing trend has developed into several advertisements leaning on racism, such as how much better people feel by having lighter skin. There’s literally no reason to buy into this awful trend.
- Thailand’s public health ministry doesn’t endorse it. What better reason do you need to not do something than to hear Thailand’s public health ministry say the procedure is worthless? The statement they released broke down the various reasons about why the procedure was a waste of time and money. Not only that, but they said there could be a number of possible negative side effects that come with the procedure and as such, they refuse to endorse it. Isn’t that reason enough?